Last update: March 2021.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored in your browser when you visit almost any website. It is used to enable the website to remember your visit the next time you browse that page. They usually store information of a technical nature, personal preferences, content customisation, usage statistics, links to social media, user account access, etc. The purpose of cookies is to adapt the content of the website to your profile and needs. Without them, the services offered by any website would be greatly impaired.
What types of cookie exist?
Technical cookies: the most elementary cookies, which, among other aspects, let the website know when the browsing is being done by a human or an automated application, when a user browses anonymously or if they are registered. These are basic tasks for the operation of any dynamic website.
Analytical cookies: they gather information about your type of browsing, the sections you use the most, products you are viewing, your time zone, language, etc.
Advertising cookies: they display advertising based on your browsing, your country of origin, language, etc.
What are first-party and third-party cookies?
First-party cookies are those generated by the website you are visiting and third-party cookies are those generated by external services or providers such as Facebook, Twitter, Google Analytics, etc.
Third-party cookies we use
These Google Analytics cookies generate an anonymous user ID, which is used to count how many times the user visits www.mosaik-translations.com. They also record the first and last time the user visited the website. Similarly, they calculate when a user logs out, the origin of the user, and keywords.
_utma active for 2 years
_utmz active for 6 months
How to manage and disable these cookies
If you do not want websites to store any cookies and obtain information, you can configure your browser to notify you before any cookies are downloaded.
You can also modify your settings so that the browser rejects all cookies.
Below are the procedures to enable or disable cookies in the main browsers:
– Click the key icon in the top-right of your browser.
– Select Options (for Mac, select Preferences).
– Click the Advanced tab (Under the Hood).
– Click Content Settings.
– Click Cookies.
– Check Allow sites to save and read cookie data (recommended).
Internet Explorer 7+:
– In the top of the browser window select Tools.
– Click Internet Options – Click the Privacy tab, and then select Advanced Options.
– Check Override automatic cookie handling (if already checked, proceed to the next step).
– First, set third-party cookies to “Accept”.
– Check Always allow cookies and click OK
– Click Tools, then Options.
– At the top of the window, select Privacy and Security.
– Check the Accept cookies from websites and accept cookies from third parties and click OK.
– In the Safari menu, click Preferences.
– Click Security.
– In the Allow Cookies section, check either always or only from websites you visit.